GM-free and eco-labeled food products are surging in the US as the GM labeling debate intensifies. Although the Washington and California initiatives were defeated, consumer interest in GM-free and certified products is soaring.
What does 2014 have in store for GM-free food labels? What major pro-labeling campaigns are scheduled? What food eco-labels are providing consumer assurance and benefiting from the debate?
Such questions will be addressed in the North American edition of the Sustainable Foods Summit, taking place in San Francisco on 22-23rd January 2014.
Featured speakers include Caroline Kinsmann, communication manager, Non-GMO Project. Certified Non-GM Project Verified product sales have gone from zero to $3.5 billion within a few years. Learn how GM-free labels provide traceability in supply chains.
Laura Batcha Exec. VP & Interim CEO, Organic Trade Association (OTA) will give her projections on the pro-labeling movement and the ‘Just Label It!’ campaign in 2014.
The Sustainable Foods Summit is designed for business, marketing and technical professionals from food companies, ingredient firms, retailers and distributors, industry organizations and certification agencies, researchers, investors and others looking at sustainability issues in the food industry. The summit will bring together senior executives from across the food industry to discuss sustainability and food eco-labeling issues.
Confirmed participants include:
* Sustainable food firms: Amy’s Kitchen, Hain Celestial, Organic Valley, Clif Bar & Co., Sambazon, Daabon Organic, Kamut International, Nutiva, Lotus Foods, High Quality Organics, From the Fields
* Large food companies: General Mills, Coca-Cola Group, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Compass Group, Loders Croklaan, Driscoll’s
* Ingredient firms: SunOpta, AgroPalma, Eastman Chemical, Solazyme, Natural Plant Products, DevanSoy, Diana Plant Sciences, Petro Canada Lubricants, Better Bean Company
* Retailers & distributors: United Natural Foods, Illy Cafe NA, Safeway, Organically Grown, Wild Idea Buffalo Co., Fairlight Bakery, Latin Organics
* Certification & inspection agencies: NSF Agriculture, SCS Global Services, Oregon Tilth, FLO Cert, Control Union, Ecocert, Quantis, Fair Trade Canada, OIA International, Global ID
* Industry organizations & NGOs: Oxfam America, Union of Concerned Scientists, Rainforest Action Network, BSR, Sustainability Consortium, Humane Farm Animal Care, Rainforest Alliance
Organized by Organic Monitor this is the 4th North American edition of this international series of summits, also taking place in Amsterdam and this year in Sao Paulo. Special rates are available for group bookings, NGOs and small firms. For immediate attention, contact: Dafne at +44 20 8567 0788 or email firstname.lastname@example.org